Typhoon Update – Supplies needed

Supplies needed to help with the relief effort

Due to public demand, we are arranging a shipping container to be sent to the Philippines at the end of the month to help provide supplies for the victims of typhoon Haiyan. In particular we require:

• Tents
  • Sheets
  • Toiletries
  • Canned food, rice, dried milk
  • Emergency shoeboxes
Ideally the shoeboxes need to contain:
  • 3-4 items tinned food e.g. corned beef, spam, sardines, tuna
  • soap, toothpaste, toothbrushes
  • small towel or flannel
  • cheap rice
  • evaporated milk, condensed milk
If you are able to donate any of these items, please take them to the Mercy in Action warehouse or to your local MiA charity shop before November 29th. The warehouse address is Jubilee Centre, Lower Bristol Road, Bath, BA2 9ES.
You can also still give online at http://www.justgiving.com/Mercy-in-Action1
Thank you again as you help us stand with those who have lost everything in this disaster.
Comments
16 Responses to “Typhoon Update – Supplies needed”
  1. Teresa Smith says:

Hi, my friend Jane Hazell is bringing some boxes over to you tomorrow. I have wrapped my boxes and lids separately, whereas others haven’t. I know when I have done these shoe boxes in the past the past, for other charities, that they had to be left opened so that they can be checked before being despatched. Please can you let me know asap as we will need to re package some of the boxes. Thank you x

2. sheryl says:

I have a couple of Bath towels are they any use?

3. Jane Hazell says:

Hi Guys,

I am bringing some boxes over to you on Thursday, what time would be the best time to bring them?, I think I may have about 10.

Jane Hazell

4. Robert Hopkins says:

Can a tupperware box be used instead of a shoebox.
    Surely they would be better as they are made of plastic and can be used to preserve food.
    As with cardboard boxes they dont preserve food very well, vermin can easily chew through them and they go very flimsy when wet. Also its not often I have a shoe box.

5. Leane says:

Hi there,

do you require any donations of clothes?

6. Kim says:

Hi there

What are the opening hours of the Jubilee Centre for receiving shoeboxes?

Thanks

7. Marie says:

Hello, I’m a teacher at a school in Wiltshire. I’m going to speak with the Principal tomorrow to see if we an prepare some shoeboxes with the help of the students. Do you have a limit on the amount or are you accepting however many can be made? Also, what time does the warehouse close? Many thanks
    Marie

8. Julie Veale says:

Hi I’ve emailed a couple of times but no doubt you’re very busy. I was asking whether you needed any other help in addition to donations? Ie packing supplies at the warehouse, etc? I appreciate you’re extremely busy though – if like to help if you need it. When is your warehouse open to drop off tents etc? God bless all your work